The eighth annual Gas Safety Week will see organisations from across the UK working together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. The Gas Safe Register, of which are an accredited member has an entire section of their website to help people stay safe in their homes with some real life stories that could be useful.



  • Six simple steps to help keep you safe and warm in your home
  • Engineer Hero Stories from John, Nathan and Nick
  • Real life stories from people such as Jo,  Danielle, Jade, Rachel and Joanne who all have a terrible tale to tell about how they were affected by the danger that is Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Anyone who uses gas in their home needs to be aware of the gas risks and how to keep safe. This section of the Gas Safe Register website provides valuable tips to help you stay safe at home. Read the true life stories which underline the importance of gas safety.